About the Program
The MINDS foundation is now offering a new opportunity to work with us through our MINDS Leadership Development Program (MLDP). This program is designed to introduce enthusiastic students, who are interested in helping those in need, to the non-profit world and the responsibilities associated with it. Students who participate in this program can fast track their way to associate positions at our organization. Through the experiences with us, we hope to mold these students into future leaders in this industry whether it is at MINDS or other nonprofits. To meet our MLDP team, please click here.
The program consists of two stages. The first stage will be a position as an intern within a specific department. Some of the general intern responsibilities will be:
- Provide general administrative support to MINDS associates (word processing, photocopying, filing, faxing, processing incoming mail)
- Retrieving and responding to requests for information
- Assisting with research and translations
- Maintaining extensive files, contact lists, and databases
We are aware of the stress and extensive work involved with being a student. Although we are asking for a commitment of 3-5 hours a week, we will be flexible and always give those involved with the program sufficient time to complete assignments with us. Summer positions will require a minimum of 20 hours a week.
After a year with us, the student will be eligible for an Associate position. Some of the responsibilities of the associate position will be:
- Provide input and ideas for future projects
- Preparing, formatting and distributing documents such as press releases, reports, tables, charts, briefing papers, op-eds, publications and web content
- Outreach to other nonprofits and aid organizations
- Drafting and editing correspondence and other documents
Associates will be asked to contribute more time and provide more assistance with the leadership of the organization.
Education: Must be enrolled in an accredited university
Experience: Preferably no experience in the industry. We want a student with a “blank slate” that we can mold into a future leader in the nonprofit world
Although this is an unpaid position, we will offer incentives (recommendations, various connections in a wide range of fields) to participants of the program.
Please contact email@example.com for more information. To apply, please fill out our application form below.